Osmosis Training Corona Virus Policy and Procedures - (Version 1.7. 18.05.2020 - 30.05.2020)
This policy and procedures document
Osmosis Training is providing training on an intermittent basis. The next training will take place on Saturday 23.05.2020 then on Wednesday, 27.05.2020
Business, of course, is not as normal, therefore we have introduced the following policy and procedures.
As of writing the UK Government's response to the Corona virus has escalated and there is in essence a shutdown. Osmosis Training has not been told to cease training, indeed the NHS is still providing training. Until we are informed otherwise it will be considered that the training we provide is essential in order to faciltate healthcare staff to work.
Osmosis Training aims to take reasonable steps based on official and where possible scientific justification in preventing the spread of the Corona virus.
This policy and procedures document will be updated as the government response changes, so for example when the government's response changes, the policy will be updated.
Further, Osmosis Training will also update the policy when appropriate, even when the government's response has not changed. Please note the sources and guidelines informing this policy are cited below.
Contingency Plan - How we will inform you of how training is cancelledPlease check our website at 07.30 am each morning (If we have to cancel training we will hope to have informed you the day before).
We will email all organisations with candidates booked for training.
It will be the organisation's responsibility to inform their candidates.
We will email any independent candidates informing them of any cancellations.
Osmosis Training will continue to provide training until circumstances change.
Candidates, on their arrival will be asked if they have cold or flu symptoms, and more specifically if they have a new continuous cough or high temperture. If the candidate, or one of their household, is suffering such symptoms they will be asked to leave the Osmosis Training premises.
Osmosis Training will preclude candidates from providing mouth to mouth to manikins as is normally required.
Osmosis Training has ordered disposable manikin masks and will review the provision of mouth to mouth when the viability of the use of the mask is established.
Hand washing will be encouraged and the provision of hand wipes (70% Isopropanol) will be made available to candidates using manikins.
Osmosis Training will provide relevant information, including candidate details, when asked to do so by appropriate authorities.
- Candidates will be asked by organisations sending them to training not to attend training if they are suffering any cold or flu symptoms, more specifically if they, or one of their household, have a new continuous cough or high temperture, Candidates will be told by their organisations to self-isolate if they arrived in the UK from certain countries (see below for Government guidance).
- Osmosis Training has limited attendance to 6 candidates per session.
- Candidates, on their arrival will be asked if they have a cold/flu or other symptoms, and more specifically if they. or one of their household, have a new continuous cough or high temperture. If the candidate is suffering such symptoms they will be asked to leave the Osmosis Training premises.
- Candidates will be asked if they arrived in the UK from a prescribed list of locations provided by the DOH.
- Osmosis Training has always operated on a one maikin per person basis, this policy, is, of course being mainatined.
- Candidates will wipe their manikins prior to use and dispose of wipes in a vessel provided to them.
- Osmosis Training is undertalking specific cleaning procedures. For example, Osmosis Training will clean the manikins in between sessions.
- Osmosis Training will ensure that hand washing facilities have soap at all times.
- Hand gel will available for candidates on arrival at the Osmosis Training venue.
Sources and guidelines informing this policy